Pork Tenderloin & Banana Tarte Tatin
|For pork tenderloin|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Fresh thyme||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh rosemary||3 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|All spice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dijon mustard sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|For banana tarte tatin|
|Banana||4 , diagonally sliced|
|Brown sugar||4 Tablespoon|
|Puff pastry sheet||4|
|Tarragon leaves||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Salt & pepper||1 Pinch|
1. Take a zip lock bag and set in a bowl to hold the marinade.
2. Pre heat your oven to 375F.
3. Pour oil, wine, pressed garlic, all spice and the chopped fresh herbs.
4. Add the pork tenderloin into the same bag. Seal the bag, give it a good massage and set it aside for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
5. Take out the tenderloin and place it in a baking pan and smear it with Dijon mustard sauce and bake it for 20 minutes.
6. For making Banana Tarte Tatin, put 1 Tablespoon of butter at the bottom of each of the four ramekins and 1 Tablespoon of brown sugar.
7. Now place your banana inside the ramekins, overlapping each other a little bit.
8. Use an extra ramekin and cut out half an inch larger size than a ramekin to lay it on the ramekin in use and gently tuck it down into the ramekin.
9. Place the ramekins in a pre-heated 400F oven for 25 minutes for it to cook.
10. In a separate bowl, add chopped tarragon herb, chicken stock, cream, salt and pepper to it and mix well.
11. In a sauce pan on medium heat, pour all the contents of the bowl and let it boil. Once it comes to a boil, let it simmer and reduce to half on its own.
12. Once the pork tenderloin is cooked, let it sit for 10 minutes before you serve with sauce poured all over it, while you ready the Banana Tarte Tatin by topping it with some vanilla ice cream for that extra twist.