1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (the liquid or Kimchi juice from the kimchi jar)
Green onion stalks
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Red hot pepper
1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs) (Optional)
Hot pepper powder
1 Teaspoon, minced
For the pork marination
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1 Teaspoon (Optional)
Black pepper powder
1. On a chopping board, chop the pork into bite-sized pieces.
2. Ina bowl, combine all the ingredients for the pork together and marinate for about 10 minutes.
3. On the chopping board, chop the well-fermented kimchi into ½-inch pieces, slice the tofu into ¼-inch slices, cut the green onions into ½-inch lengths and cut the red hot pepper thinly. Keep aside.
4. In a heated pan on medium-high with sesame oil, fry the marinated pork for about 3 minutes or until the pieces are pink no longer.
5. Add the chopped kimchi, hot pepper powder and cooking oil. Fry for another 3 minutes on medium-high heat.
6. Pour water and the kimchi broth. Once it starts to boil, add minced garlic and salt. Cook covered for about 10 minutes on medium-high heat.
7. Place the sliced tofu on top of the kimchi and cook covered for another 5 minutes. Occasionally pour some of the soup over the tofu so that the tofu will get good flavor.
8. Add chopped green onions, hot peppers and cook covered for 2 minutes and switch off the heat.
9. Serve the pork kimchi stew in a bowl with a slice of toasted garlic bread.