Saltandpepperchef.com co-star Home Cook Brian Reeve shows you how to barbecue ribs. Star ingredients--love and beer! Brian and co-host Chef Tee Terrell Danley shake things up in the kitchen on Saltandpepperchefs.com.
3 Pound (can also use spare ribs for grilling)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for preparing the ribs)
250 Milliliter (for preparing the ribs)
3 Tablespoon (for grilling the ribs)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 500 degrees F, for preparing the ribs to grill.
2. To prepare ribs for grilling: In a bowl, season the ribs liberally with the barbecue rub.
3. In an oven proof pan, place the ribs bone side down. (Note- If making barbecue sauce from the leftover rib juices, then bake the ribs in a baking pan that can also be heated on the stove.)
4. In the above pan, pour in the beer, let it coat the bottom of the pan including the meat.
5. With an aluminium foil, cover the pan tightly and bake it in the oven for about 4 hours.
6. Remove the pan from oven and check whether the meat pulls easily or almost easily from the bone.
7. Let it cool to room temperature.
8. Transfer the now cooled and baked ribs on a platter and brush the outer layer with your favorite barbecue sauce on each sides of the ribs.
9. Place the ribs, sauce side down on a really hot grill and the brush top with some barbecue sauce again.
10. Close the grill oven and grill it for 5-7 minutes per side to finish.
11. In a plate transfer a few pieces of the grilled pork ribs and garnish it with some boiled vegetables or mashed potatoes.
If you are making barbecue sauce from the leftover rib juices, then place the barbecue rubbed ribs in a pan that can also be heated on a stove top.