Espresso Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with Black Cherry Ice Cream Sauce
|Expresso||1 Tablespoon (finely ground powder)|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Hot mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pork tenderloin||1 Pound|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Beef stock||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for sauce)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for sauce)|
|Fresh garlic||1 Teaspoon (for sauce)|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (for sauce)|
|Cherry ice cream||1 Tablespoon (for sauce)|
1. Preheat oven to 375 degree.
2. Using a paper towel, pat the tenderloin dry. Keep it aside.
3. For rub, in a mixing bowl, combine espresso powder, chilli powder, brown sugar, and hot mustard.
4. Add coriander, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in it.
5. Pour olive oil and mix well.
6. On a large plate, spread the rub. Roll tenderloin on spice rub. Coat it well. Cover, and allow it to rest.
7. Place a cast iron pan over medium high heat, and pour vegetable oil in it.
8. Place tenderloin in pan, and allow it to sear for about 4 minutes on each side or until it gets a nice golden brown crust.
9. Now, place tenderloin on a baking sheet, pop it in oven, and bake for 20-45 minutes. Perfectly cooked tenderloin must have an internal temperature of 140-165 degree.
10. Remove it from oven, tent it with foil, and let it rest for 10 minutes.
11. For cherry cream sauce, place a sauce pan over heat, pour stock, cream, garlic, and pepper in it.
12. Bring it to boil. Turn the heat to medium low, and simmer until the liquid reduces by half.
13. Stir in ice cream, melt, cut down the cherries, and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
14. Slice tenderloin, top it with sauce and serve it immediately with some veggies.