1 Cup (16 tbs) (1/4 cup for the pork and remaining for the Brine)
2 Quart (For the Brine)
1 Cup (16 tbs) (For the Brine)
2 Tablespoon (For the Brine)
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
2. Butterfly the pork roast along the bone to increase the surface area.
3. In a medium pot take water to heat over the stove, dissolve salt and the dry rib rub and liquid smoke.
4. Remove from heat, and add ice as needed to cool the brine.
5. In a cooler, place the rib roast. Pour the brine over the roast and ensure it is covered. Refrigerate 4 hours.
6. Remove the pork roast from brine, and pat dry with paper towels.
7. Add in dry rub to the inside of roast, and the top.
8. Wrap with two sheets of aluminum foil in opposite directions, and place in oven for 6 hours.
9. Once the roast reaches an internal temp 180 degrees F, remove the aluminum foil from the top of the roast.
10. Bake in oven for another 2 hours. When 30 minute is left increase the temperature to 400 degrees F.
11. Take out Smoked Pulled Pork in a casserole and pull with fork and serve.