Here’s a super flavorful meal that takes a little time to prepare but then does it’s own thing in the oven. Serve it with mashed or roasted potatoes.
2 Large, cut into 3 inch pieces
2 Medium, cut into 4
1⁄2 Large, coarsely chopped (or 1 small)
6 Clove (30 gm), coarsely chopped, with juices (or 3 large cloved)
Ground black pepper
12 Fluid Ounce (1 bottle)
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1. Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
2. In a small bowl mix the cumin, salt and pepper.
3. Rinse and pat dry the pork. Liberally rub it with the salt, pepper and cumin mix.
4. Heat a braising pan. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Heat and add the pork. Brown pork evenly on all sides.
5. Remove pork from pan and add 1 more tablespoon olive oil.
6. Add carrots, celery, onion and garlic. Reduce the heat. Mix well and cook for a couple of minutes.
7. Deglaze the pan with a small amount of beer, scraping the brown bits at the bottom. Stir to mix and cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are soft and slightly browned.
8. Move the vegetables to the side forming a circle in the middle. Return the pork to the middle of the pan. Add the bouquet of herbs, the remaining beer and the beef broth.
9. Bring to a boil, cover and place in the oven. Cook for 2 to 2 ½ hours, until meat is tender and can be separated with a fork.
10. On a serving plate, slice or shred the pork and serve with mashed potatoes and vegetables.