Slow smoking a pork shoulder for pulled pork isn't always possible, but you can get great consistent results in your oven. The pulled pork recipe in the video is toned down a bit from what we will usually do around our house - we tried to make a good starting point for people who shy away from too much spice or heat.
Pork shoulder roast
5 Pound (4-5 pound)
Hot and spicy bbq rub mixture
5 , mince (2-5, in adobo)
2 , thinly sliced
Jalapeno pickle liquid/Water or vinegar
2 Tablespoon (as required)
1. Preheat oven to 250 degree.
2. In a small bowl, add hot and spicy BBQ rub mixture, brown sugar, and chipotle pepper.
3. Pour vinegar, in bowl just enough to mix and bring it together into a paste consistency.
4. On cutting board, place pork, and rub mixture all over.
5. In oven proof dish place pork, add onion, cover it with lid, and place it in oven for 5-6 hours.
6. Remove pork from the dish, and place it on a glass tray. Using two forks, pull the pork apart into pieces.
7. Skim off the fat from the liquid in the dish. Boil and reduce if needed, and pour it on the shredded pork.
8. Serve pulled pork with Eastern North Carolina BBQ sauce.