Tropical Grilled Pork Chops
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), mince|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cardamom/All spice||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Teaspoon (as needed)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Rice wine vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mango||1 Medium, peeled, seeded and chopped|
|Lime juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Jalapeno pepper||1 , mince|
|Unsweetened applesauce||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Pineapple rings||3 , chop|
|White pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon (a pinch)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Pork chops||4 Medium, center cut|
1. For salsa, in a small bowl, combine garlic, chili powder, cayenne pepper, cardamom, and water. Mix well into a paste.
2. Preheat grill to high.
3. For salsa, place a skillet over medium high heat. Pour oil in it, and add the paste mixture. Stir and cook for about 30 seconds or until the bubble starts coming out of the paste.
4. Add vinegar and cook for 1-2 minutes, avoiding vinegar from boiling.
5. Throw sugar in skillet, mix and cook until the sugar dissolves.
6. Put mango, salt, cilantro, lime juice, and jalapeno in skillet. Lower the heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
7. Stir in pineapple rings and applesauce. Mix and simmer for another8-10 minutes.
8. Season with white pepper. Pour it in a bowl and place it in refrigerator.
9. For marinade, in a large bowl, add 1/3 cup vinegar, soy sauce, and 2/3 cup of salsa, leaving the fruit chunks behind. Mix
10. In a zip- pouch, place pork chops, pour marinade, seal, and put it in refrigerator for 10 minutes. You may also keep it in refrigerator for an hour.
11. For grilled chops, take chops out of the marinade and place it on hot grill. Cook for 3 minutes per side.
12. In the meantime, pour the marinade in a sauce pan, and allow it to simmer over medium heat for 3 minutes.
13. Brush the simmer marinade on chops, while grilling. Remove the chops when done.
14. Serve pork chops hot with salsa.