1. To make the Blueberry ketchup, in a saucepan, on medium high heat, combine the cider vinegar and brown sugar. Bread the lumps of sugar.
2. Add onion, ginger, salt and blueberries. Cook stirring occasionally until the berries begin to pop and become soft.
3. Allow to simmer on low, for about 20 to 25 minutes.
4. You can serve the ketchup chunky if you like. For a finer textured sauce, blend the cooked blueberry mixture and strain through a fine-meshed sieve.
5. Serve the blueberry ketchup with grilled or pan fried pork chops or even with roast chicken or pheasant if you like.
Fresh blueberries are as much a part of summer as corn on the cob. Use these healthy antioxidant rich berries to make muffins or try them in this sweet, tangy ketchup to go with your grilled pork chops or chicken. This sauce is simply amazing. The flavor is bright, bold and fruity that just “pops” in your mouth.