Sarah shows us how to make a simple but tasty entree.
1 Cup (16 tbs)
2 Tablespoon (1 tablespoon for grilling and 1 tablespoon for brushing)
Salt and pepper
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1. In a shallow bowl, put together water with coarse salt and sugar.
2. Stir well until sugar and salt dissolves.
3. Put the pork chops in brine solution and leave for 20 minutes, flipping them occasionally.
4. Preheat the griddle on medium heat.
5. Take the chops out of brine and dry them using a kitchen towel.
6. Brush the chops with oil on both the sides, season with salt and pepper.
7. Place the chops on the griddle for 7-8 minutes until brown from both sides or until it registers 150 F on meat thermometer for internal temperature.
8. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, boil balsamic vinegar for 5 minutes until it thickens slightly.
9. Add in the butter and season with salt and pepper.
10. Place the chops on serving plate and drizzle the vinegar. Serve warm.
Friends coming over? Why not treat them with some browned pork chops which are brined and then cooked. The drizzle of balsamic vinegar adds zing to its flavor and make the meat more flavorful and sought after.