Fried Neck Bones & Some Home Fries
|Pork neck bones||2 Pound|
|Onion||1 Medium, slice|
|Green onions||2 Small, chop|
|Garlic powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Mixed salt||2 Tablespoon|
|Cooking oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For greasing)|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|For the fries|
|Potatoes||4 Large, dice|
|Onion||1 Medium, dice|
|Green pepper||3⁄4 Medium, dice|
|Celery stalk||1 Small, dice|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mixed salt||1 Teaspoon|
1. Clean and wash the pork neck bones and keep it aside.
2. Slice the onion, chop the green onions and keep it aside, prepare the dry seasoning mix in a small bowl.
3. In a large pan pour the oil and brown the pork neck on all sides, flip them occasionally.
4. Once done remove and place the pork neck in a large pot of water and add the green onions and the dry seasoning mix.
5. Add the onions and cover the pot with the lid and boil for 90 minutes.
6. Peel and cut the potatoes & onions into dices and also dice the celery and green pepper, keep it aside.
7. Once done in the same pan in which you fried the pork necks add the butter and let It melt.
8. Add the potatoes and cook them until half tender, add the onions, green pepper and celery.
9. Stir and cook them until potatoes become fork tender, add the black pepper and mixed salt.
10. In the meantime place the cornbread on a baking tray and bake the cornbread in the oven for 15 minutes at 209 degree oven.
11. After 90 minutes turn off the heat for the pork neck.
12. Serve the pork neck along with the home fries and a piece of cornbread.
Calories 740 Calories from Fat 266
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.7%
Saturated Fat 11.4 g57%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 143.4 mg47.8%
Sodium 3313.4 mg138.1%
Total Carbohydrates 75 g24.9%
Dietary Fiber 11 g44%
Sugars 9.4 g
Protein 49 g98.7%
Vitamin A 10.8% Vitamin C 157.1%
Calcium 9.4% Iron 23.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet