Succulent Roasted Pork Chops and Others
|White button mushrooms||6 Large|
|White onion||1 Medium, diced|
|Tart apple||1 (Peeled And Diced)|
|Philadelphia cream cheese||1 Tablespoon (Light)|
|Toasted walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Shredded gruyere cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bone in pork loin chops||4 , 3/4 - 1 inch thick|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Carrots||4 , peeled and sliced into 2 inch sticks|
|Brussels sprouts||16 , trimmed and washed|
|Cauliflower head||1⁄2 , trimmed, washed and cut into pieces|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|White onion||1 Medium, cut into thin rings|
|Tart apple||1 Large, cored and diced (Like Honey Crisp)|
|Herbes de provence/Thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Beef stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Required)|
|Non alcoholic apple pomogranate cider||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (To Top Up)|
|White sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Apple juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Apples||4 , peeled, cored and sliced (If You Can'T Find Honey Crisp, Ask Your Grocer For Alternatives Suitable For Apple Crisp Or Pie)|
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Remove stems from the mushroom caps and dice small.
3. Sauté stems and onions over medium high heat in a non stick pan prepared with cooking spray.
4. When the stems begin to release their water and the onions start to turn golden, add the apples, salt, pepper, and herbes de provence.
5. Continue to sauté until the apples are tender.
6. Add the garlic and stir just until fragrant.
7. Add the sherry and turn heat to low.
8. Add the cream cheese and stir until the cream cheese has melted into the sauce.
9. Stir in the walnuts and half the gruyere cheese.
10. Spoon even amounts into the mushroom caps.
11. Place onto a baking sheet and top with the remaining Gruyere cheese.
12. Bake app 30 minutes until cheese is melted and golden brown.
13. For the pork chops, mix the salt, pepper, and garlic together and brush pork chops on both sides with extra virgin olive oil and, rub with equal amounts of seasoning mix.
14. In a separate bowl, toss the vegetables with olive oil, salt and pepper and lay onto a baking sheet that has been covered with parchment or foil.
15. Place the pork chops on top of the vegetables and bake for 60 minutes until the chops are golden and the vegetables are tender roasted.
16. Stir vegetables around periodically during roasting process.
17. For the au jus, sauté the onion and apple in a medium non stick pan in olive oil over medium high heat until the onions are caramelized and apples are soft and golden.
18. Add the herbes de provence, sherry, and garlic and stir until sherry has almost evaporated.
19. Add the beef stock, reduce heat, add the butter, and simmer until the liquid reduces by half and sauce thickens.
20. For the cake, in a medium bowl, beat egg and sugar until thick and light.
21. Beat in oil, apple juice and vanilla.
22. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
23. Add to egg mixture, stirring just until blended (batter will be thick).
24. In a small bowl, mix brown sugar with cinnamon.
25. Arrange apple slices in a greased 8-inch (2 L) square or round metal cake pan.
26. Sprinkle apples with half the brown sugar mixture.
27. Carefully spread batter over apples; smooth top.
28. Sprinkle with remaining brown sugar mixture.
29. Bake in centre of 350 oven until cake is firm and pulls away slightly from sides of pan, 35 to 40 minutes.
30. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
31. For the Apple Pomegranate Cocktail, fill a tall glass with ice, add the vodka and the cider and stir
32. Serve the pork chops with the au jus poured over it along with the cocktail and the cake as the dessert.