Asian Pork Roast with Pineapple
|Boneless pork roast||5 Pound|
|Ketchup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Hoi-sin sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Chili garlic sauce||1 Teaspoon (Asian Chili Garlic Sauce)|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh grated ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Low sodium soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Rice wine vinegar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pineapple tidbits with juice||10 Ounce|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cornstarch||1 Tablespoon, mixed with 1/4 cup water to make a slurry|
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Mix first 10 ingredients to make marinade.
3. Pierce pork roast all over with a fork, place in a ziploc bag with the marinade.
4. Refrigerate at least 8 hours over night.
5. Remove from marinade, reserve marinade and set aside.
6. Sprinkle roast with the garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
7. Roast in preheated oven until the pork reaches an internal temp of 165 - about two hours.
8. Let the meat rest 20 minutes and then carve into thin slices.
9. Meanwhile, remove the marinade to a saucepan and bring to the boil.
10. Boil for 5 minutes.
11. Add the cornstarch slurry a little at a time until you reach the consistency you want.
12. Spoon over the roasted pork and serve with vegetables and rice.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4132 Calories from Fat 1841
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 204 g314.5%
Saturated Fat 64.8 g324%
Trans Fat 1.6 g
Cholesterol 1451.4 mg483.8%
Sodium 4595.8 mg191.5%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g18.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.4%
Sugars 32.3 g
Protein 486 g972.2%
Vitamin A 2.3% Vitamin C 5.4%
Calcium 17.7% Iron 69.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet