This easy to make moist and tender roast evokes the sunny flavors of Greece!
Boneless pork sirloin
5 Pound (One Piece)
6 Cup (96 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped
5 Tablespoon (Soaked in brine and brine discarded)
Fresh lemon juice
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
6 Medium, crushed
Extra virgin olive oil
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
34 1⁄2 Gram (One Pack Of 1.2 Ounce)
Juice of lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degree F.
2. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, stirring constantly until salt is dissolved.
3. Brine the roast for 24 hours.
4. Rinse well, dry completely with paper towels, brush with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with dried oregano, garlic powder and black pepper.
5. Roast pork in a shallow roasting pan at 325 for one hour.
6. Meanwhile, peel and half the carrots, and thinly slice the onion and set aside.
7. Peel and quarter potatoes; cook in boiling water for about 10 minutes.
8. Drain, let cool.
9. Remove pork loin from oven and remove from roaster.
10. Place potatoes, carrots, and onion in the roaster and toss with pan juices.
11. Replace pork roast and place the vegetables all around.
12. Roast an additional 45 to 60 minutes, or until pork registers 165° on a thermometer.
13. Cover roast pork loin with foil and let stand for about 15 minutes before slicing.
14. Make gravy according to package directions.
15. Add lemon juice, oregano, and the pan juices from the pork.
16. Pour over the roast after you have sliced it and serve.
Try out this Lemon Brined Pork Roast with Gravy next time when you plan to cook pork. This easy to make moist and tender roast evokes the sunny flavors of Greece. Get the directions from this video and it will definitely come out great. Happy Cooking!