Mushroom Stuffed Pork Chops
|Onion||1⁄2 Small, chopped|
|Chopped cooked ham||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sliced fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried whole oregano||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Pork chops||2 (1 inch thick)|
|Dry sherry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh parsley sprigs||2|
|Fresh mushroom slices||4|
1) In a saucepan, add 1 tablespoon and heat.
2) Add in the onion and saute till tender.
3) Take off from the heat.
4) Stir in the ham, mushrooms, oregano, and pepper and stir well. Keep aside.
5) Slit the rib side of the pork chop just to the beginning of the fat edge and create pockets.
6) Stuff the pockets with the ham mix.
7) In a skillet, add 2 tablespoons butter and brown the pork chops over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes on one side.
8) Flip over the chop and brown the other side for 5 minutes.
9) Pour in the sherry and cover and lower the heat.
10) Allow the chops to simmer for 45 to 50 minutes, till the chops are tender.
11) Arrange on a serving platter.
12) Garnish with parsley and mushroom slices.