Costolette Di Mamie Alla Modenese
|Dried sage leaves||1 Teaspoon, crumbled (scant)|
|Dried rosemary leaves||1 Teaspoon, crumbled (scant)|
|Finely chopped garlic||1 Teaspoon (scant)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (scant)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Pork loin chops||4 (middle cut, 1 inches thick)|
|Olive oil||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Pint|
|Finely chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a mixing bowl combine garlic, sage, rosemary, salt and pepper.
2. On both sides of pork chops press the mixture.
3. In a large and heavy frying pan melt the butter on medium heat.
4. Add the chops in hot fat as soon as the foam subsides. Brown the chops for 3 minutes while turning carefully.
5. Remove chops from pan when they are golden brown.
6. Pour away extra fat from the pan - let a thin film remain in the pan.
7. Add 2/3 wine. Boil.
8. Place the chops in the pan and cover. Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes, while basting with pan juices in between.
9. Cook till the chops are tender. Check using a sharp knife if the chops are tender.
10. In a heated serving dish transfer the chops.
11. In the frying pan add the remaining wine.
12. Boil over high heat till the liquid reduces to a syrupy glaze. Stir and scrape the brown bits which cling to the pan.
13. Remove from heat and taste its seasoning.
14. Add parsley.
15. Serve Costolette Di Mamie Alla Modenese with sauce.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1230 Calories from Fat 695
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 78 g120%
Saturated Fat 30.6 g153%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 373.7 mg124.6%
Sodium 2209.3 mg92.1%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.2%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 96 g191.6%
Vitamin A 49.1% Vitamin C 44%
Calcium 28.6% Iron 41.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet