Roast Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
|Pork tenderloin||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|For 1/2 cup citrus dressing|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Diced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, diced|
|Apples||2 Medium, peeled, chopped|
|Diced bread||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Ground sage||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground marjoram||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Whole cranberry sauce||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange||1 , rind grated|
|Fresh orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven for roasting.
2) Using the flat end of a cleaver, beat the tenderloin thin. Slice the tenderloin into two without actually breaking them apart fully.
3) Meanwhile, prepeare the citrus dressing.
4) In a frying pan, melt the butter. Toss in the celery, onion and apples.
Cook the mixture over a medium flame till the vegetables become tender. Next, add in the diced bread along with sage and marjoram. Set aside.
5) In a saucepan, add in the cranberry sauce, brown sugar, salt and orane rind. Mix well over a low flame till all the sugar has dissolved. Transfer the cranberry mixture into the bread mixture.
6) Slowly, pour in the orange juice while stirring gently to moisten the bread dices.
7) Fill the tenderloin with the citrus dressing.
8) In a bowl, mix salt, pepper and curry powder. Rub the mixture all over the tenderloin.
9) Grease a roasting pan. Place the tenderloin on the pan and roast till the meat thermometer reads 185F. This should take about 35 minutes for each pound.
10) Serve the Roast Stuffed Pork Tenderloin with browned potatoes on the side. Drizzle butter and lemon juice over boiled broccoli and place on the side, if desired.
Calories 1023 Calories from Fat 179
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.3%
Saturated Fat 8.3 g41.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 93.9 mg31.3%
Sodium 1976.3 mg82.3%
Total Carbohydrates 163 g54.4%
Dietary Fiber 10.6 g42.3%
Sugars 32.9 g
Protein 46 g91.6%
Vitamin A 9.8% Vitamin C 36.7%
Calcium 24.9% Iron 49%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet