Roast Loin of Pork Gourmet
|Pork rib/Loin end of pork - 4 pound or pork rack - 5 to 6 pound||4 Pound|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Ground sage||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven for roasting.
2) Take the pork and make slits on their surface. Place them on a roasting pan.
3) Stuff the slits with a halved garlic clove each, for added flavour.
4) Sprinkle salt, pepper and sage over the veal.
5) Roast the veal for about 35 minutes for each pound. The meatt thermometer must read 185F.
6) Meanwhile, prepare the pork roast gravy.
7) Transfer the pork from the pan to a deep serving platter.
8) Heat the pan over medium flame. Remove any extra fat leaving behind just about 1/2 cup of fat in the pan.
9) Add in 1/2 cup of flour into the fat and cook for about 10 minutes, while stirring constantly. The flour must lose its raw colour and flavour.
10) Next, add in 3 cups of cold water or 2 cups of cold water and a cup of red wine, cider or orange juice.
11) Stir well to get a creamy and smoothe mixture. Sprinkle the mixture with salt and pepper. Mix again.
12) Serve the Roast Loin Of Pork Gourmet with the pork roast gravy drizzled over it or place on the side in a sauceboat.
13) If desired, serve serve mashed potatoes on the side or slices of apple that have been sauted in a little fat from the roasting pan.