Citrus Dressing For Stuffed Roast Pork
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Diced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, diced|
|Apples||2 Medium, peeled, chopped|
|Diced bread||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Ground sage||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground marjoram||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Whole cranberry sauce||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange||1 , rind grated|
|Fresh orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pork roast||3 Pound (any type)|
1) Preheat the oven for roasting.
2) In a frying pan, melt the butter. Toss in the celery, onion and apples.
3) Cook the mixture over a medium flame till the vegetables become tender. Do not allow them to brown just turn a light transluscent colour.
4) Next, add in the diced bread along with sage and marjoram. Set aside.
5) In a saucepan, add in the cranberry sauce, brown sugar, salt and orane rind. Mix well over a low flame till all the sugar has dissolved.
6) Transfer the cranberry mixture into the bread mixture.
7) Slowly, pour in the orange juice while stirring gently to moisten the bread dices.
8) This is the filling to be stuffed inside any roast pork.
9) Roast or bake the pork for at least an hour.
10) Serve the Citrus Dressing For Stuffed Roast Pork garnished with orange slices and a sprinkling of chopped parsley.