Pork in Sherry
|Pork loin chops||2 1⁄2 Pound (6 pieces, 3/4 inch thick)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), pressed|
|Blanched almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tortillas||2 , cut into eighths|
|White wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Condensed chicken broth||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 can)|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 can)|
|Ground coriander||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Toasted sesame seed||1 Tablespoon|
1) Wash and dry the chops with damp paper towels.
2) In a non-stick pan, heat oil and saute chops until golden on both sides for 10 minutes.
3) Take the chops out of pan.
4) In the same pan, stir in the garlic, almonds, onion and tortillas.
5) Mix in the garlic mixture until golden.
6) Place the garlic mixture into blender or processor, along with vinegar and 14 cup broth.
7) Process the garlic mixture to make a smooth paste; add more broth, if needed.
8) In the pan place together tomato sauce, coriander, chili powder, sherry and remaining broth.
9) Add in almond-onion mixture into the pan.
10) Heat to boil, stirring constantly.
11) Add in the pork chops to the almond mixture.
12) Put the lid tightly and simmer until pork is tender for 60 or 70 minutes.
13) Stir the pork mixture occasionally so that the sauce does not stick to pan.
14) Place the chops on a serving platter.
15) Spoon the sauce over them and dredge with sesame seed.