Baked Pork and Stuffing
|Cornbread stuffing mix||8 Ounce (1 package)|
|Boneless center cut pork chops/1 pound boneless pork loin, cut into 1/2 inch slices||8 (1/2 inch thick)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Onion soup mix||2 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Frozen broccoli cauliflower and carrots||1 Pound (1 package)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350E.
2. In 13-by-9-by-2-inch oval baking dish or 2 1/2- to 3-quart shallow casserole, sprinkle dry stuffing mix on bottom.
3. If using 6-ounce package, toss stuffing with contents of seasoning packet.
4. In skillet, over medium-high heat, melt butter and saute pork until browned-€”about 3 minutes on each side.
5. Remove pork and drain on paper towels.
6. To the same skillet add water, onion-soup mix and frozen vegetables, cover and bring just to boiling.
7. With slotted spoon, remove vegetables and arrange around edge of baking dish.
8. Remove 1 3/4 cups liquid from skillet and pour over vegetables and stuffing.
9. Overlap browned pork on top of stuffing in center of dish.
10. Cover with foil and bake 15 to 20 minutes.
11. In 1-cup measuring cup or small bowl, stir milk and flour until smooth.
12. Stir into liquid remaining in skillet.
13. Over medium heat, bring mixture to boiling, stirring until thickened.
14. Serve sauce with pork chops.
Calories 683 Calories from Fat 172
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.4%
Saturated Fat 7.6 g37.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 219.1 mg73%
Sodium 1895.4 mg79%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.8%
Sugars 7.5 g
Protein 72 g143.1%
Vitamin A 24.4% Vitamin C 41%
Calcium 16.4% Iron 22.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet