Sunday Brunch Casserole
|Sourdough bread slice/Day-old white bread slices||6|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon, softened|
|Cheddar cheese||8 Ounce, shredded to make 2 cups|
|Bulk pork sausage||1 Pound, cooked, drained|
|Sweet red pepper||1⁄2 Medium, cut into thin strips|
|Sliced green onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Condensed cream of asparagus soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce, undiluted, 1 can|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dry white wine/Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven at 300°.
2. Remove and discard crusts from bread if desired.
3. Smear the bread with butter and cube and place it in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
4. Sprinkle cheese, sausage, red pepper and onions in order over the bread.
5. In a bowl, whisk eggs.
6. Add soup, milk, wine, mustard and pepper.
7. Transfer over bread mixture and cover and store in refrigerator overnight.
8. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
9. Bake, uncovered, at 300° for 1 hour.
10. Set aside for 5 minutes before cutting.
11. Serve as a snack