Baked Stuffed Pork Chops
|Pork rib chops||6 , cut 1 1/2 inches thick, each with a pocket|
|For savory stuffing|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1/2 Stick)|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soft bread cubes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dark raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried marjoram leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Apple juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Apple juice||1 Tablespoon (As Needed)|
|For glazed apple rings|
|Red cooking apples||2 Pound (6 Apples)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Stick)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Clean pork chops with damp paper towels.
3) To make Savory Stuffing: In a skillet heat butter and saute onion and celery until tender.
4) Add bread cubes and brown slightly. Remove from heat. Fold in raisins, parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt, the pepper, marjoram and 1/4 cup apple juice. Toss lightly to mix.
5) Fill the chops with this mixture and take a shallow roasting pan and stand chops on rib bones.
6) Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add apple juice to 1/4-inch depth in roasting pan. Cover chops and pan with foil.
7) Bake chops 45 minutes. Then, remove foil and bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until chops are tender and brown.
8) To make glazed apple rings- 1. Wash and core apples then cut into slices about 3/4 inch thick.
9) Take a medium bowl and add apple slices with lemon juice.
10) To make Glaze: take a large skillet, add butter, sugar, corn syrup and water. Cook it and cook on medium heat until sugar melts. Stir frequently.
11) Add it to the apple slices. Stir in lemon juice and cook on medium heat for 5-7 minutes until glazed and tender
12) Serve baked stuffed pork chops garnished with Glazed sauce.
Calories 1497 Calories from Fat 754
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 85 g130.4%
Saturated Fat 42.2 g211%
Trans Fat 0.6 g
Cholesterol 323.6 mg107.9%
Sodium 592.1 mg24.7%
Total Carbohydrates 118 g39.3%
Dietary Fiber 10.4 g41.7%
Sugars 90.1 g
Protein 73 g146.4%
Vitamin A 53.8% Vitamin C 67.8%
Calcium 19.7% Iron 29.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet