Roast Loin of Pork
|Dry red wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Dried whole rosemary||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Dried whole dill weed||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lean center loin pork roast||5 Pound|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), cut in half|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
1) Take a bowl and combine together the first few ingredients in it. Set aside.
2) Trim the excess fat from roast and run with pepper and garlic.
3) Place the roast on rack in a roasting pan. Insert meat thermometer, being careful not to touch bone or fat.
4) Baste roast with about 1/6th of the wine mixture.
5) Cover roast with foil and bake at 325° F for about 30-35 minutes per pound or until meat thermometer registers a temperature of 170° F. Keep basting every 20-30 minutes with the remaining wine mixture.
6) Slice and serve the Roast Loin of Pork warm.