Smoked Pork with Yams
|Smoked pork||1 Pound|
|White yam||2 Pound, sliced|
|Onions||2 , chopped|
|Chives blade||2 , chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Carrots||4 Small, diced|
|Cold water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (as required)|
1) In a bowl, place the pork and cover with water and soak for 1 hour to remove salt.
2) Pour off the water and rinse the pork in cold water.
3) In a saucepan, place the pork with cold water and cook until tender.
4) Drain the pork pieces and allow to cool.
5) Cut the pork in bite size pieces.
6) In the same saucepan, place the pork, yam, onions and carrots and cover with water.
7) Heat the pork mixture and boil for 30 minutes.
8) Stir in chilli, chives, garlic, cloves, lime juice and seasoning.
9) Boil for five minutes more.
10) Take the pan off the heat.
11) Serve hot garnish with red pepper rings if desired.
Calories 855 Calories from Fat 85
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g12%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 96 mg32%
Sodium 2397.2 mg99.9%
Total Carbohydrates 151 g50.4%
Dietary Fiber 24.2 g96.7%
Sugars 13.3 g
Protein 42 g83.8%
Vitamin A 349.7% Vitamin C 184%
Calcium 15.9% Iron 22.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet