Smoked Pork with Yams
|Smoked pork||1 Pound|
|White yam||2 Pound, sliced|
|Onions||2 , chopped|
|Chives blade||2 , chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Carrots||4 Small, diced|
|Cold water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (as required)|
1) In a bowl, place the pork and cover with water and soak for 1 hour to remove salt.
2) Pour off the water and rinse the pork in cold water.
3) In a saucepan, place the pork with cold water and cook until tender.
4) Drain the pork pieces and allow to cool.
5) Cut the pork in bite size pieces.
6) In the same saucepan, place the pork, yam, onions and carrots and cover with water.
7) Heat the pork mixture and boil for 30 minutes.
8) Stir in chilli, chives, garlic, cloves, lime juice and seasoning.
9) Boil for five minutes more.
10) Take the pan off the heat.
11) Serve hot garnish with red pepper rings if desired.