Yorkshire Toad In The Hole
|For the batter|
|Plain flour||4 Ounce|
|For the 'toad'|
|Pork sausages||4 Large|
|Mustard||2 Tablespoon (Store Bought Variety)|
1) Preheat the oven to 475F.
2) Into a large bowl or basin, sieve the flour along with a pinch of salt. Make a depression in the centre. Drop in an egg and mix all the ingredients together.
3) Slowly pour int the milk and stir to get a smooth mixture. Allow the batter to rest for a minimum of 2 hours.
4) Using a knife, spread the streaky rashers gently. Spread a thin layer of mustard over each.
5) Wrap each of the pork sausages with the streaky rashers.
6) In a roasting tin, melt the lard. Place the sausages in the tin. Olace in the oven and bake for about 5 minutes.
7) Turn the sausages over in the tin. Pour the flour batter over the meat.
8) Continue to cook for 35 minutes.
9) Lower the oven temperature to medium and cook for another 20 minutes.
10) Sprinkle the Yorkshire Toad In The Hole with chopped parsley if desired.