Microwave Apple Stuffed Pork Chops
|Pork chops||4 Large|
|Eating apples||2 , skinned, cored, chopped or finely grated|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped or grated|
|Mixed herbs||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Ounce (For Mixing)|
1) Pull out the rind from the pork chops. Make a slit along the thick end of the pork chop to make a pocket like cavity for the stuffing.
2) In a bowl, mix in breadcrumbs, chopped or finely grated apples, onions, sultanans, mixed herbs, salt and pepper.
3) Add in a little milk and mix well. This would be the stuffing for the pork chops.
4) Place the chops on a flat surface. Stuff the filling into the pockets. If required, secure the open ends using a toothpick or wooden skewer.
5) Place the chops in a shallow, microwavable dish.
6) Cook without cover for about 15 minutes.
7) Let the pork chops rest by themselves for 15 minutes.
8) Reheat the chops in the microwave before serving, if needed.
9) Serve the Apple Stuffed Pork Chops with flavored rice on the side.
Calories 321 Calories from Fat 102
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.5%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.6%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 78.9 mg26.3%
Sodium 320.3 mg13.3%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.4%
Sugars 12.8 g
Protein 26 g52.2%
Vitamin A 1.3% Vitamin C 10.3%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 10%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet