Sweet And Sour Pork Using Cider Vinegar And Corn Syrup
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|All-purpose flour||6 Tablespoon (1/4 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons)|
|Boneless pork shoulder||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into 3/4-inch cubes|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon (Use As Needed)|
|Canned pineapple chunks||20 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Green pepper||1 Medium, cut into 1-inch squares|
|Thinly sliced onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hot cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. In a bowl, add eggs, flour, milk, and salt; mix well.
2. Put in the pork cubes, coat with mixture.
3. In a large skillet, heat 1 inch of oil to 375° F.
4. Add in pork, and cook for 6 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and drain well.
5. Into a bowl, drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup liquid; set pineapple aside.
6. In a Dutch oven, mix reserved pineapple liquid and next 7 ingredients; stir well.
7. Simmer and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
8. Add in pork, pineapple chunks, green pepper, and onion.
9. Cover the Dutch oven and simmer 10 minutes.
10. Serve the sweet & sour pork over hot cooked rice. This dish would yield about 6 to 8 servings.