Pork Tenderloin with Orange and Ginger
|Orange||1 , grated rind and juice|
|Lemon||1 , grated rind and juice|
|Fresh root ginger||2 Ounce, peeled and finely grated or chopped (50 Grams)|
|Hoisin sauce||15 Milliliter (1 Level Tablespoon)|
|Artificial granulated sweetener||15 Milliliter (1 Level Tablespoon)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), skinned and crushed|
|Pork tenderloins||3 Pound (2 In Number, About 700 Grams / 1 1/2 Pound Each)|
|Carrots||8 Ounce, peeled (225 Grams)|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Half fat butter spread||2 Ounce (50 Grams)|
1. In a bowl stir together the grated rinds and 50 ml (2 fl oz) each of orange and lemon juice.
2. Add the ginger, Hoisin sauce, sweetener and garlic.
3. Trim the tenderloins of any excess fat and place in a large, shallow dish.
4. Pour over the ginger mixture, cover and marinate in the fridge for 3-4 hours, preferably overnight.
5. Cut the carrots into 5 cm (2 inch) matchstick lengths.
6. Drain the pork from the marinade.
7. Lightly grease a large non-stick frying pan with a little oil and brown the pork tenderloins well on all sides.
8. Pour over the ginger marinade and the chicken stock and add the carrots.
9. With cover simmer very gently for about 15 minutes or until the pork and the carrots are cooked.
10. With a slotted spoon remove the tenderloins and slice thickly.
11. Boil the pan juices for 2-3 minutes to reduce by about half or until slightly thickened and syrupy.
12. Off the heat, gradually whisk the spread into the sauce and season.
13. Return the pork to the pan, cover and simmer very gently for 1-2 minutes until heated through.
14. Serve the pork spooning over and around the cooked juices and seasonings on a serving dish.
Calories 452 Calories from Fat 203
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g33%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 148.7 mg49.6%
Sodium 243.2 mg10.1%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.8%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 49 g97.6%
Vitamin A 127.7% Vitamin C 37.4%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 14.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet