Slow Cooked Pork Chops
|Bermuda onions/Sweet onions||6 , peeled and thickly sliced|
|Chicken broth/1 cup water with steero chicken granules||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chives||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
1) From the chops, trim the excess fat, if any.
2) Place a large skillet over high heat and melt down the fat. Discard bits of pork.
3) Reduce the heat to moderate and saute the onions in the fat till they are translucent. Try and keep the rounds intact.
4) Transfer the onions to a bowl.
5) Increase the heat to moderate-highand brown all of the pork thoroughly on both sides. Ensure that the meat stays in the skillet just long enough to brown, about 3 to 4 minutes.
6) Salt and pepper the pork and transfer it to a bowl.
7) Turn the heat under the skillet off and add broth to the skillet. Scrape up the pan juice.
8) In a slow cooker, layer the pork and onions, starting and ending with the onions.
9) Pour the borth all over the layers.
10) Cover the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
11) Transfer the hot Slow Cooked Pork Chops to a serving plate and serve while still piping hot. Makes a delectable main course dish.