Stuffed Roast Pork
|Center cut pork loin||6 Pound|
|For bacon stuffing|
|Bacon strips||6 , diced|
|Chopped prunes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coarse french bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Make a pocket in pork roast along side ribs.
2. In a frying pan fry bacon until crisp. Keep aside.
3. In a bowl keep chopped prunes and pour 2 tablespoons brandy over it. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
4. In a bowl mix bread crumbs, lemon rind, lemon juice, broth, and seasonings.
5. Mix bacon, drippings and prunes with liquid.
6. Spoon this mixture into pork pockets.
7. Skew the opening to close.
8. Roast in shallow pan at 325°F for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, until 180°F on a meat thermometer.
9. Serve with braised hearts of celery.