Pork Chops Cacciatore
|Pork chops||6 (rib or shoulder)|
|Bermuda onion||1 , cut in 6 slices|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Spaghetti sauce mix||1 Ounce (1 envelope)|
|Canned tomatoes||2 Pound (2 cans, 1 pound each)|
1) In a pan, add pork chops and brown well.
2) Arrange in single layer in shallow 8-cup baking dish.
3) Over each chop, place an onion slice and sprinkle with brown sugar.
4) Add the spaghetti-sauce mix into the pan drippings and stir in the tomatoes.
5) Stirring continuously, heat till the mix boils.
6) Spoon the mix over the chops and onions and place a lid over.
7) Place in oven at 350° for 1 hour, uncovered.
8) Bake for another 15 minutes, till the chops are tender.
9) Arrange the chops in a heated serving platter.
10) Top with sauce and serve with garlic bread.