Pork Loin with Mustard
|Boneless pork loin||6 (1/2 inch slices)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped shallots||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar substitute||2 Gram (2 packets)|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a bowl season pork with pork and pepper.
2. In a skillet heat oil on medium heat. Check that it does not smoke.
3. Brown the pork pieces in oil.
4. Remove the pork pieces and lower the heat.
5. Add the shallots and saute until soft for 3 minutes or so.
6. Add brandy and wine. Let simmer till the liquid evaporates.
7. Combine sugar and stock substitutes.
8. Stir the mixture as it boils and till you find the liquid evaporating.
9.Combine pork and let the mixture simmer for 2 minutes more till the pork is warm and it is able to absorb some sauce.
10. Remove the pork and place them in a serving plate.Whisk the mustard in the sauce, correct the seasoning and spoon the remaining sauce on the pork.
Calories 1410 Calories from Fat 500
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g85.5%
Saturated Fat 15.7 g78.3%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 593.9 mg198%
Sodium 515.7 mg21.5%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.2 g0.81%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 206 g411.7%
Vitamin A 1.8% Vitamin C 1.2%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 28.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet