Sauerkraut With Pork Chops And Sausage
|Bacon||1⁄2 Pound, thickly sliced|
|Onions||3 Cup (48 tbs), chopped|
|Sauerkraut||58 Ounce, pounded (2 large cans, No. 2 1/2 size or 4 pounds bulk)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled|
|Juniper berries/1/2 cup gin||20|
|Dry white wine||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Pork chops||8 (smoked / fresh)|
|Polish sausage||2 , cut into 8 pieces|
1. Preheat oven to 325 °F.
2. In a large Dutch oven cook bacon.
3. Stir in onions and sautÃ©.
4. Rinse sauerkraut under cold running water.
5. Squeeze out the moisture.
6. Add onions, juniper berries, bay leaves, salt, peppercorns, and wine.
7. Cover and bake in oven for 2 hours.
8. Add more wine if required.
9. Add fresh pork chop and cook for 30 minutes.
10. Add sausage and frankfurters.
11. If smoked pork chop is used, cook sauerkraut 2 1/2 hours, and then add chops along with other meats.
12. Cook for 30 to 45 minutes.
13. Serve with boiled potatoes.