Barbecued Pork Chops and Kraut
|Pork loin chops||1 1⁄2 Pound, each cut 3/4 inch thick|
|Canned sauerkraut||1 Pound (1 can)|
|Apple||1 Medium, halved, cored and diced|
|Dark corn syrup||1 Tablespoon|
1) Trim the fat from the chops.
2) Add into a pan and slowly brown both sides.
3) In an 8-cup baking dish, add sauerkraut and apple and toss well to mix.
4) Arrange browned chops over the top.
5) Combine catsup, water, corn syrup, salt and pepper into the frying pan and heat slowly, stirring constantly, and allowing to boil.
6) Add over the chops and place a lid over, covering tightly.
7) Place in a moderate oven at 350° for 30 minutes, uncovered.
8) Bake for another 30 minutes till the chops are tender.
9) Place in a serving dish and garnish with few thin slices of apple.
Calories 696 Calories from Fat 281
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g48.1%
Saturated Fat 10.3 g51.4%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 234.8 mg78.3%
Sodium 2840.2 mg118.3%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10.1%
Dietary Fiber 8.4 g33.6%
Sugars 17.1 g
Protein 73 g146%
Vitamin A 4.8% Vitamin C 64.9%
Calcium 14.2% Iron 31.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet