Barbecued Pork Chops and Kraut
|Pork loin chops||1 1⁄2 Pound, each cut 3/4 inch thick|
|Canned sauerkraut||1 Pound (1 can)|
|Apple||1 Medium, halved, cored and diced|
|Dark corn syrup||1 Tablespoon|
1) Trim the fat from the chops.
2) Add into a pan and slowly brown both sides.
3) In an 8-cup baking dish, add sauerkraut and apple and toss well to mix.
4) Arrange browned chops over the top.
5) Combine catsup, water, corn syrup, salt and pepper into the frying pan and heat slowly, stirring constantly, and allowing to boil.
6) Add over the chops and place a lid over, covering tightly.
7) Place in a moderate oven at 350° for 30 minutes, uncovered.
8) Bake for another 30 minutes till the chops are tender.
9) Place in a serving dish and garnish with few thin slices of apple.