Microwave Pork Roast and Sauerkraut
|Pork shoulder roast||3 Pound, boned and tied|
|Sauerkraut||32 Ounce, drained, rinsed well (1 jar)|
|Onion||1 Large, thinly sliced|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Caraway seeds||2 Teaspoon|
1. Arrange onion, sauerkraut, caraway, pepper and bay leaf in bottom of glass casserole. Blend the ingredients well.
2. Top it with pork roast and sprinkle salt over it.
3. Wrap it with plastic and dip probe into liquid.
4. In a microwave oven, place glass casserole and cook on HIGH (9); HEAT & HOLD at 180°F for 30 minutes until the pork becomes soft.
5. Serve pork roast and sauerkraut after seasoning with salt and pepper.
Calories 481 Calories from Fat 257
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44%
Saturated Fat 9.9 g49.7%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 140.6 mg46.9%
Sodium 1667.9 mg69.5%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.4%
Dietary Fiber 6 g23.8%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 42 g84.3%
Vitamin A 1.3% Vitamin C 44.2%
Calcium 10.7% Iron 29%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet