Cheesy Macaroni, Ham and Veggie Bake
|Quick cook macaroni||5 Ounce|
|Ham||3 Ounce, cooked|
|Sunflower oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Plain flour||1 Ounce|
|Prepared english mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cheddar cheese||2 Ounce|
|Watercress||1 Cup (16 tbs) (a handful)|
|Red eating apple||1 Small|
|Walnut oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste, ground|
1. In a pan with salted boiling water, cook the macaroni for 5 minutes.
2. Slice leek. Cut the ham into ¾ inch strips.
3. Cut the cauliflower and broccoli into small florets of the same size and cook both
4. In a saucepan of boiling water, cook cauliflower, broccoli for 4-5 minutes.
5. In a small frying pan heat oil, add leek and ham to the pan and stir.
6. In a pan, melt butter, add the flour and cook for 20 seconds. Remove from the heat and gradually stir in the milk to produce a smooth sauce. Slowly bring to the boil and continue to cook, stirring over a low heat, until the sauce thickens.
7. Ladle a little water from the cauliflower and broccoli and add to the sauce to thin, if necessary. Add the mustard, paprika, salt and pepper. Grate most of the cheese into the sauce and whisk until smooth.
8. Drain the vegetables. Remove the leeks and the ham from the heat and tip into a large bowl. Drain the macaroni.
9. In a pan, add macaroni, cheese sauce, vegetables, stir to combine and then pile into a flameproof dish. Grate the remaining cheese over the top.
10.Onto a baking tray, place the flameproof dish and grill under a preheated grill until bubbling.
11. Make the salad by peeling the leaves from the chicory and place in a bowl. Add the watercress. Cut the apple into slices and add with the walnuts.
12. In a screw-top jar, add the walnut oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and shake until well combined.
13. Into the salad, carefully fold in the dressing.
14. Serve the salad with the cheesy grilled macaroni.