Roast Pork with Apple Saute
|Sunflower oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||2 Ounce|
|Dried rosemary||1 Teaspoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Light muscovado sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Pork tenderloin||8 Ounce|
|Chicken stock||1⁄4 Pint|
|Baby new potatoes||10|
|Carrots||2 , peeled and sliced|
|Courgettes||2 , sliced|
|Eating apple||1 Small, cored, halved and thinly sliced|
|Black pepper||To Taste, ground|
1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees centigrade and place a roasting tin in the oven.
2. In a shallow dish, mix together the rosemary, mustard, sugar, honey and lemon juice.
3. Cut the pork in half and add to the dish, turning to coat. Shake off any excess marinade.
4. In a frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil ½ ounce of butter, add pork and cook over a high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side to seal.
5. Transfer the pork to the roasting tin and bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until tender.
6. Cut a slice off the top and bottom of each potato, then put the potatoes in a saucepan of cold salted water. Bring to the boil then cook for 5 minutes.
7. To the frying pan, add the cider with any remaining marinade, then add the stock and boil until reduced by half.
8. In another frying pan, heat the remaining butter in a small frying pan. Drain the potatoes and add to the pan. Cover with a round of greaseproof paper and then a lid and cook for 5 minutes on each side until golden.
9. In a wok, heat the remaining oil, add the apple, vegetables, salt and pepper. Stir-fry over a high heat until lightly golden.
10. Remove the pork from the oven and leave to rest. Pour any juices into the cider sauce. Blend a little water with the arrowroot to thicken it, add to the sauce and cook for 1-2 minutes until thickened, stirring.
10. On warmed serving plates, place the vegetables, carve the pork and place on top.
11. Pour over the sauce, arrange the potatoes around the edge and serve.
Calories 830 Calories from Fat 459
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g80.1%
Saturated Fat 19.4 g96.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 136.5 mg45.5%
Sodium 453.3 mg18.9%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.8%
Dietary Fiber 8.6 g34.6%
Sugars 35.5 g
Protein 31 g62.4%
Vitamin A 244.1% Vitamin C 105.5%
Calcium 14.4% Iron 17.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet