Orange Sauced Pork Chops
|Pork rib chops||1 1⁄4 Pound (4 In Number)|
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Oranges||3 Large, shred 2 tablespoon of peel and squeeze upto 1 cup juice|
|All-purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Hot cooked couscous||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) In a non-stick pan, heat the oil and brown the chops on both the side.
2) Pour off the excess fat from the pan.
3) Dredge the chops with seasoning.
4) In the same pan heat ½ cup of orange juice and place the chops in it.
5) Put the lid on and simmer for 30 minutes until meat is tender.
6) Using a perforated ladle take the chops out and keep warm. Leave the juice in the pan.
7) In a small bowl, mix together flour and sugar, orange peel and remaining juice.
8) In the same pan, add the flour mixture.
9) Allow the orange juice mixture to cool over medium heat until thickened.
10) Heat for 1 minute more and remove from the heat.
11) Serve the chops topped with sauce and couscous on the side.
Calories 519 Calories from Fat 179
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.7%
Saturated Fat 6 g30.2%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 82.2 mg27.4%
Sodium 208 mg8.7%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.5%
Sugars 15.1 g
Protein 35 g69.5%
Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C 112.5%
Calcium 11% Iron 8.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet