Sweet and Sour Pork
|Boneless lean pork shoulder||1 Pound (1 Inch Cubes)|
|Canned sliced pineapple||8 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, sliced, quartered|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Beef bouillon cube||1|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Green pepper||1 Medium, cut into chunks|
|Tomatoes||1 Medium, cut into thin wedges|
|Hot cooked rice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1) In a large skillet or Dutch oven, heat the shortening. Add in the pork cubes. Saute them over medium flame till they brown evenly.
2) Drain the pineapple slices, reserving its liquid.
3) In a bowl, combine the pineapple juice, 1/2 cup water, onion, salt and pepper. Pour the mixture over the meat.
4) Cover the vessel and cook the meat over low flame. In about 60 minutes the meat should become tender.
5) In the blender, add the sugar, vinegar, 1/2 cup water, bouillpn cube, garlic, cornstarch and soy sauce. Blend for a few seconds.
6) Add the sauce to the meat mixture in the skillet. Stir well till the sauce is clear and has thickened.
7) Drop in the pineapple slices, green pepper and tomato pieces. Let all the ingredients heat up well.
8) Serve the Sweet and Sour Pork hot over steamed rice.