Sweet And Sour Pork
|Pork fillet||6 Ounce|
|Baby sweet corn||2 Ounce|
|Red pepper||1 Small|
|Mange tout peas||2 Ounce|
|Sunflower oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||4 Fluid Ounce|
|White wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Tomato ketchup||2 Tablespoon|
|Long grain rice||8 Ounce, cooked|
|Unsalted cashew nuts||1 Ounce|
|Frozen petit pois||1 Ounce, thawed|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Light soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Cut the pork into thin strips. Season the pork with salt and pepper and toss in the sugar.
2. Thickly slice the onion. Peel and thinly slice the carrot diagonally.
3.Cut the sweet corn into diagonal pieces. Cut both ends off the pepper, remove the seeds and slice the flesh into 1-inch strips, then cut into diamonds.
4. Finely chop the spring onions. Cut the mange-tout in half.
5. In a wok, heat 1 tablespoon of oil until very hot, add seasoned pork and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until caramelised to a rich golden colour. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain in a sieve, standing over a bowl.
6. Add the onion to the wok and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the carrot and sweet corn and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
7. In a saucepan, add stock, vinegar and tomato ketchup and bring to the boil. Simmer until thickened and reduced, adding the corn flour, mixed with a little cold water, to thicken the sauce.
8. In a frying pan, heat the remaining oil and add the rice, nuts and petit pois and stir-fry for 1 minute, add the spring onions and cook for a further 1-2 minutes, tossing occasionally.
9. Pour the egg, in a thin stream, into the rice mixture, stirring all the time. Sprinkle over the soy sauce and remove from the heat.
10. In the wok with onion and sweet corn, heat and add the pepper and mange-tout to the wok and cook for 2 minutes
11. Stir the sweet and sour sauce into the vegetables until coated. Add the pork and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until tender.
12. Onto warmed serving plates, spoon the rice and arrange the pork mixture on top.
13. Serve at once with chopsticks.