Twice Cooked Pork
Fresh pork - 10 oz (275 g)
Seasoned oil - 3 tablespoons
Spring onion - 1, cut into short sections
Green pepper - 1 small, cored and seeded, cut into small slices
Bamboo shoots - 4 oz (115 g) sliced, rinsed and drained
Salt - 1 teaspoon
Soft brown sugar - 1/2 teaspoon
Yellow bean sauce - 1 tablespoon
Chili bean sauce - 2 teaspoons
Chinese rice wine - 2 teaspoons
MSG (optional) - pinch
Sesame oil -a few drops
To cook pork(in case no ready-cooked pork is available):
1. Cook the piece of fresh pork by simmering it in a pot of boiling water for 20-25 minutes under cover.
2. Then turn off the heat and leave it in the water for at least 2-3 hours before removing it to cool.
3. Cut the pork into thin slices about the size of a large postage stamp.
4. In a preheated wok heat the oil until smoking, stir-fry the vegetables for about 1 minute.
5. Add the pork with the salt, sugar, yellow and chilli bean sauces and wine.
6. Blend well and cook for another minute and finally add the MSG, if using.
7. Add the sesame oil, stir a few more times and serve hot with desired garnish.