Roasted Crispy Pork
Salt - 2 teaspoons
Five-spice powder - 2 teaspoons
For the dip:
Light soy sauce - 3-4 tablespoons
Chilli sauce (optional) - 1 tablespoon
1. Preheat oven to (240°C/475°F/ Gas 9).
2. Choose pork ideally in one piece.
3. With kitchen paper dry the skin and make sure that it is free from hairs.
4. Rub the meat all over with the salt and five-spice powder, then leave to stand for at least 1 hour - longer if possible.
5. To make the dip, in a bowl mix well light soy sauce and chili sauce (optional).
6. In a baking tin, place the pork, skin side up, on a rack and roast in the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.
7. Reduce the heat to 200°c/ 400°f/gas 6 and cook for a further 40-45 minutes until the skin has become crackling.
8. Chop the meat into small bite-size pieces and serve hot or cold with the dip.