Double-rib pork chops - 6 to 8
Vacuum-packed corn with peppers - 1 can (12-ounce)
Fine dry bread crumbs - 1/2 cup
Onion - 1/4 cup, chopped
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
Dried thyme leaves - 1/2 teaspoon, crushed
Ground sage - dash
Whole apricots - 1 can (30-ounce), drained
Steak sauce - 1 tablespoon, bottled
Salt - 1 teaspoon
Whole cloves - 1 teaspoon
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Insert the cloves into the apricots and keep aside.
3) Cut a deep pocket in each chop and season with salt and pepper.
4) In a bowl, combine the corn, bread crumbs, onion, 1/2 teaspoon salt, thyme and sage together.
5) Spoon the stuffing lightly into pockets of all the chops.
6) In a 13x9x2-inch baking dish, arrange the chops in a single layer and cover tightly with foil.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, then uncover and bake for another 45 minutes.
8) In a medium saucepan, boil the apricot syrup, steak sauce and 1 teaspoon salt together, until the liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup.
9) Add the apricots into the baking dish, then brush the chops and apricots with glaze.
10) Bake, uncovered for another 25 minutes.
11) Garnish the Apricot Stuffed Chops with parsley, if desired and serve.