Spare Ribs With Kraut
Salt - 2 teaspoons
Pepper - 1/4 teaspoon
Sauerkraut - 1 (27-ounce) can
Tart apple - 1 cup, finely chopped, unpeeled,
Carrot - 1 cup, shredded
Tomato juice - 1 1/2 cups
Brown sugar - 2 tablespoons
Caraway seed - 2 teaspoons
1. Cut pork ribs into pieces.
2. Season ribs with salt and pepper to taste.
3. In a Dutch oven, place ribs and cook until browned well.
4. Meantime, in a bowl, mix together un-drained sauerkraut with apple, carrot, tomato juice, brown sugar, and 2 teaspoons caraway seed.
5. Add sauerkraut mixture over ribs; cover oven and simmer for about 1 ¾ hours until ribs are cooked through; during the last hour of cooking, spoon sauce over ribs to keep ribs moist.
6. Skim and remove excess fat.
7. Serve Spare Ribs With Kraut with a tangy salad.