Cold Stuffed Pork Roast
Garlic Clove - 1 no, minced
Bacon Strips - 3 nos, finely chopped
Olive or Vegetable Oil
Seedless Grapes - 1 1/2 to 2 cups
Fresh Mushrooms - 1 cup, chopped
Soft Bread Crumbs - 1 cup
Egg - 1 no, large, lightly beaten
Fresh Parsley - 1/4 cup, minced
Dried Thyme - 1/2 teaspoon, crushed
Dried Rosemary - 1/4 teaspoon, crushed
Salt - to taste
Pepper - to taste
Boneless Pork Roast - 1 no of 2 1/2 to 3 pounds
1) Preheat the oven to 375F.
2) In a saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add in the onion, garlic and bacon. Saute till the onions become soft.
3) Add in the grapes, mushrooms, bread crumbs, egg, parsley, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper.Mixe well and keep aside.
4) Lay the pork roast with its fat side downwards. Slice the meat horizontally. Do not cut all the way through.
5) Open the meat up and spread the grape mixture over it. Roll it up along the length and tie strings at a distance of every 2 inch.
6) Brush the meat with olive oil. Sprinkle the top with more thyme and rosemary. Place the pork on the roasting pan.
7) Roast without cover for about 1 1/2 hours. The meat thermometer must read 170 degrees. Let the pork cool down.
8) Cover the meat and let chill.
9) To serve the Cold Stuffed Pork Roast, carve the slice and place them on the platter. Garnish with grape clusters.