|Round grain rice||6 Ounce (Pudding, 175 Gram)|
|Lean minced pork||1 Gram (450 Gram)|
|Rich soy sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon (As Required)|
|Large garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Grated ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Watercress sprig||4 (For Garnish)|
|Cherry tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Garnish)|
|Cucumber||1⁄4 , sliced (For Garnish)|
1) Rinse the rice thoroughly under cold running water, then soak in cold water for 15 minutes. Drain thoroughly.
2) In a bowl, combine the pork, soy sauce, little oil, garlic and ginger together; mix thoroughly.
3) Shape small spoonfuls of the meat mixture into meatballs.
4) Roll the meatballs in the rice, pressing the grains well into the meat.
5) In a shallow heatproof dish, place these jewels slightly apart, then set on a steaming rack in the wok.
6) Pour in enough water upto the base of the dish, bring to the boil , then cover the wok and boil steadily for 15 to 20 minutes.
7) Arrange the Pork Jewels on a serving platter, garnish with tomatoes, watercress sprigs and cucumber slices, then pour over the cooking juices and serve immediately.
Calories 188 Calories from Fat 14
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.5%
Saturated Fat 0.28 g1.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.14 mg0.05%
Sodium 863.6 mg36%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.3%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 5 g9%
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 11.1%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 3.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet