Pork Chops Au Poivre
|Lean center loin pork chops||24 Ounce (4, 6 Ounce Each, 3/4 Inch Thick)|
|Cracked black pepper||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
|Cognac||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Remove excess fat from chops.
2) Rub chops on all sides with pepper; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
3) Coat the rack of broiler with cooking spray.
4) Place chops on rack of a broiler pan.
5) Broil 4 to 5 inches from heating element 15 minutes on each side or until fully tender.
6) Transfer chops to a hot platter.
7) Place Cognac in a small saucepan; hear just until warm.
8) Pour over steak, and ignite with a long match.
9) After flames die down, serve immediately.
10) Serve the chops along with creamy salad and some bread.
Calories 239 Calories from Fat 33
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.6%
Saturated Fat 0.88 g4.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 67.5 mg22.5%
Sodium 633.6 mg26.4%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.2%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 31 g61.6%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 2.6%
Calcium 3.3% Iron 12%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet