Pork Chops With Pears And Ginger
|Pork chops||12 Ounce (2 Thick Cut)|
|Ginger root||1 Inch, peeled and grated or minced|
|White onion||1 Medium, halved and thickly sliced|
|Firm pears||2 , cored and cut into 4 wedges each|
|Red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Wash the pork and place on paper towels.
2) In a frying pan, heat butter.
3) Mix in the pork chops and brown well and arrange in a 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
4) In the frying pan, mix in gingerroot, onions, and pears and cook till just soft.
5) Place in layers over the pork chops and add in the red wine.
6) Place lid and bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes.
7) Garnish with pear slices and serve.