|Lean boneless pork||2 Pound, cubed (Leg, Shoulder Or Trimmed Knuckle)|
|Pickling onions||1 Pound, halved if large (450 Gram)|
|Plain flour||4 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Oranges||2 , freshly squeezed|
|Red wine||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Orange||1 , grated rind|
|Redcurrant jelly||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
1) In a wok, saute the pork and onions in heated oil, stirring frequently, until the pork is browned.
2) Stir in the flour, sat and pepper, cook for 1 minute.
3) Pour in the orange juice and wine, then bring to a boil.
4) Stir in the orange rind and redcurrant jelly, stir until the jelly dissolves.
5) Then simmer over a low heat for 15 minutes, or until the pork is tender.
6) Transfer the Cumberland Pork on a heated serving dish, garnish with the orange slices and watercress sprigs and serve immediately.
Calories 856 Calories from Fat 358
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.3%
Saturated Fat 12.1 g60.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 136.1 mg45.4%
Sodium 201.4 mg8.4%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.9%
Sugars 40 g
Protein 48 g96.4%
Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C 106.1%
Calcium 9.4% Iron 11.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet